HUMOR IS MORE THAN SILLINESS
WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE PRACTICE OF HEALTHY HUMOR
TOGETHER, WE CAN VALIDATE THE USE OF HUMOR IN PROFESSIONAL SETTINGS
Too Soon? The Timing of Humor
April 4 – 7
Chicago-Oak Brook 2019
Attention: Humor Practitioners.
Here is your opportunity to immerse yourself in the practice of applied humor in professional settings. Come spend three energizing and thought-provoking days with The Association for Applied & Therapeutic team who have spent the past 30 years promoting and practicing healthy humor.
Add a fourth day to start your journey toward a Certified Humor Professional status by attending the Humor Academy
THE CONFERENCE WILL INCLUDE:
- PRESENTATIONS BY INDUSTRY LEADERS about the latest research and how humor is being used in real-world applications
- PRACTICAL, HANDS-ON SESSIONS FOR PRACTITIONERS to help shape their practices and implement concepts with clients.
- A NIGHT OF COMEDY: COMEDY FOR CAREGIVERS to relax and enjoy local comedians and give back to the caregivers in the Chicago community. Get all the event details here.
- CEUs and CMEs available to medical professionals, therapists, psychologists and those pursuing general educational goals.
- NETWORK WITH LIKE-MINDED PROFESSIONALS sharing research, techniques, anecdotes and more
A SAMPLING OF AATH KEYNOTERS
Co-Founder, Director of Research and Learning – BEabove Leadership
“Hey! You Got Chocolate on My Peanut Butter! The Science of Humor, the Humor of Science”
Suicide Prevention Speaker
“The Evolutionary Advantages of Mental Illness: Organization, Rumination, Peregrination, Isolation, Hibernation and…wait for it…Procreation”
Professor of Communications – Texas A&M University
“Teaching Funny: How to Educate and Inspire with Humor“
Dr. Melissa Mork, CHP
Professor of Psychology – University of Northwestern Minnesota
“The Mourning After. Using Humor in Grief Work.”
Lieutenant Commander Chip Lutz, USN(Ret), MSEd, CSP, CHP
President and Founder of Unconventional Leadership
“War of the Noses: Humor as the Ultimate Survival Skill”
Get the entire conference schedule that includes more than 30 presentations!
Why Attend Too Soon?
Listen To Dave!
I have found a wealth of knowledge at the AATH conference. Professionals come together with the simple goal of making a difference through the use of humor. We share updated research, humor methods to lift others up, and many ways to add funny to other’s lives.
|Thursday, 4th||Friday, 5th||Saturday, 6th||Sunday, 7th|
|8:00 am – Humor Academy Opens||8:00 am – Improv Games||8:00 am – Meditation||7:30 am – Magic|
|5:30 pm – Welcome Reception||9:15 am – Conference Begins||9:15 am – Conference Day Begins||8:30 am – Conference Day Begins|
|6:30 pm – Comedy for Caregivers||6:30 pm – Annual Awards Banquet||12:00 pm – Conference Ends|
Humor Academy: Thursday, April 4, 2019
Conference: Friday, April 5, 2019-Sunday, April 7, 2019
Oak Brook, Illinois
DoubleTree Chicago-Oak Brook Hotel
Conference Rate: $132/night